Awards of Excellence
AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
Freeman Flowers - Tanya and Wilson Freeman - Amarillo
Heather Moore - Dallas
Phoebe and Bobby Tudor - Houston
Jane Nelson - Flower Mound
AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
Business, Patron, Legislator, Volunteer
The TASO Awards of Excellence are awarded to a business, patron, legislator, and volunteer (4 awards given) in recognition of outstanding service, support, and promotion of the interests and growth of symphony orchestras.
• The Business Award is given to a business that has shown exceptional service, support and/or promotion of the interests and growth of a symphony orchestra
• The Patron Award is given to a person who has given financial support to a symphony orchestra, but not necessarily been active in the member organization
• The Legislator Award is given to a person who has shown support for the arts as a legislator
• The Volunteer Award is given to a person who has served in a volunteer capacity above and beyond his/her volunteer role
It is imperative that a representative from the nominating organization and the winner be present at the ceremony during the annual conference in Austin (April 3-4, 2020).
The ceremony is usually the first night of conference. If the winner cannot be present, he or she should be represented by someone with whom he or she works or by a family member. The nominating member organization is responsible for the expense of the winner to attend the awards dinner.
Please submit the nominations using the following guidelines:
• Consideration period is the past five years although past participation is also considered
• Nominations should be submitted by email. Forms are found on the TASO website (www.tasovolunteers.com.) under the “Awards” tab
• Include nomination letter and the completed form (found on website) and attached picture.
• You may include up to three (3) letters of support, also by e-mail, with a picture of each nominee.
NEW - APPLY ONLINE
It allows you to save your work and return to edit/complete.
Print out the Guidelines and Nomination Form (below) in advance and review for information required. It allows you to save your work and return.
Deadline: August 1st, 2019
Marsha Green 254-716-2067 or firstname.lastname@example.org