19th Annual Juanita Miller Concerto Competition
January 10, 2015
Owens Art Center
Southern Methodist University
Divisions: Piano, Strings, Winds
$750 Grand Prize Winner
(Grand Prize Winner awarded performance opportunities with
Waco Symphony Orchestra March 2016 & Mesquite Symphony Orchestra April 2, 2016)
Second Prize $400
Third Prize $200
Downloadable competition applications to be available soon.
Competition Entry Deadline: October 31, 2014
- Student in grades 9 - 12 as of Entry Deadline date
- Legal residents in the State of Texas
- Currently studying with a private teacher
- May enter only one division
- Former Grand Prize winners ineligible
- Former First Place winners ineligible to re-enter in the same division in which they previously won
Entries accepted in the order received. A five-minute excerpt of entry concerto on CD or audio tape required with application.
MUSIC & AUDITION
- One movement of a STANDARD CONCERTO written originally for the instrument must be performed from memory with piano accompanist.
- Finalists/call backs announced following preliminary rounds.
- FIRST PLACE division winners compete in final round for Grand Prize.
- Contestants are responsible for engaging and compensating an accompanist for the competition.
Follow Juanita Miller Concerto Competition on Twitter
SAVE THE DATE
2015 TASO Conference
April 9 and 10, 2015
Betty Wall passes the Tiara
Our newly crowned President Annette Findley
Tyler Conference, April 2014
The TASO conference hosted by Women's Symphony League of Tyler
in April was such a success and so much fun!
CLICK HERE to see all the conference photos