20th Annual Juanita Miller Concerto Competition
January 9, 2016
Owens Art Center
Southern Methodist University
Divisions: Piano, Strings, Winds
$750 Grand Prize Winner
(Grand Prize Winner awarded performance opportunities with
Marshall Symphony Orchestra & Mesquite Symphony Orchestra )
Second Prize $400
Third Prize $200
Competition Entry Deadline: October 31, 2015
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on links below for other information
- Student in grades 9 - 12 as of Entry Deadline date
- Legal residents in the State of Texas
- Currently studying with a private teacher
- May enter only one division
- Former Grand Prize winners ineligible
- Former First Place winners ineligible to re-enter in the same division in which they previously won
Entries accepted in the order received. A five-minute excerpt of entry concerto on CD or audio tape required with application.
MUSIC & AUDITION
- One movement of a STANDARD CONCERTO written originally for the instrument must be performed from memory with piano accompanist.
- Finalists/call backs announced following preliminary rounds.
- FIRST PLACE division winners compete in final round for Grand Prize.
- Contestants are responsible for engaging and compensating an accompanist for the competition.
SAVE THE DATE
Amarillo Symphony Guild
April 21-23, 2016
Get ready to be TRANSFORMED at the 2016 TASO conference in Amarillo!
You won’t want to miss our fabulous speakers and events guaranteed to transform your memberships and your symphonies relevance to the community.
Join us in Amarillo on April 22nd and 23rd as we work together to do great things!
Be sure and check the TASO website regularly as we will be posting exciting updates on the conference and our speakers--be ready to be TRANSFORMED!
Follow Juanita Miller Concerto Competition on Twitter